Sunday, January 30, 2011

Q&A: What do you consider to be the most important issue(s) facing educators today?



Your Ad Here





Question by allfy16: What do you consider to be the most important issue(s) facing educators today?

I know that there are a lot of problems in the public school system and I just wanted to know what you thought the biggest ones were.




Best answer:


Your Ad Here


Answer by heard it all
I'm SO SICK of changing my teaching method every year to support what the "data indicates." Decide what you want me to do, tell me, and I'll do it. Jeez!

Next, parents need to shut up and support us. We are trying to educate your mouthy spawn for their future. It is not my fault that Jonny doesn't do his work. It is not my fault that Sammy is late for school each day. It is not my fault that Angelica can't take direction and speak in a socially appropriate way.

Lastly, don't blame me that we must "teach to the test." Blame your legislator. I don't have the choice. If I don't "teach to the test," your child WILL be left behind.

One more thing - not all teachers molest kids. Molesters are attracted to jobs wherein they can meet kids; education is one of those career choices. Most teachers are hard working people who are under appreciated for work well done.





Add your own answer in the comments!

Your Ad Here


No comments:

Post a Comment